At Remitware Payments Canada Inc. (RPCI), our top priority is protecting our clients’ (including potential clients) privacy.
How We Obtain Personal Information
We collect non-public personal & Business information from and about you from the following sources:
- Applications and other forms;
- Online communications and information posted by you on Remitr’s Web application or Mobile Application offered by Remitware Payments Canada Inc. (RPCI);
- Mobile and Telephone devices recordings;
- Documents for identity verification, bank account verification, and source of funds that we may request from you for uploading online or via email;
- Information about your business owners, shareholders, ultimate beneficial owners as volunteered by you or retrieved by us from publicly available records;
- Consumer or credit reporting agencies, as authorized by you; and
- Third parties associated with our customers.
How We Use Personal & Business Information
We collect non-public personal & business information from and about you for the following purposes:
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, most notably anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing legislation;
- To carry out customer related requests;
- To conduct internal risk assessments; and
- To protect against fraud.
While some information may be collected online or over the telephone, the purposes of recording and monitoring telephone calls is to evidence business transactions, to ensure quality control and to improve internal training measures.
Disclosure of Personal & Business Information
We do not disclose your non-public personal & business information to any non-affiliated third parties except:
- To computer services consultants and technicians or other security and compliance consultants, in order to ensure the confidentiality and security of customer records;
- To financial service providers, such as banks and other authorized agencies, in order to carry out required institutional risk control, to carry out requested services, and/or to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability;
- Where required or permitted by law, for example to government and/or law enforcement agencies as required or permitted by law; and
- To any person where we have your written consent to do so.
Please be aware that we may maintain and process your non-public personal & business information outside of your country of residence. As such, your data is subject not only to local legal and regulatory requirements, but also to legal and regulatory requirements of those other foreign countries. For example, there are lawful requirements to disclose non-public personal information to government authorities in certain countries, including the United States.
How We Protect Personal & Business Information
We protect non-public personal & business information about our customers by:
- entering into written confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements with third party service providers for certain disclosures;
- restricting access only to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services; and
- maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
Personal & Business Information and Our Website
When you visit our mobile application or website, we will not collect any non-public personal information about you, unless you provide it to us voluntarily. In addition, some portions of our mobile application or website may invite you to submit names, e-mail addresses of others in connection with certain promotions or offers (including offers to purchase products online). Please note that by providing Remitware Payments Canada Inc. with non-public personal & business information you consent to us using your data to conduct our business, to make available products and services that may be of interest to you and for the development of web statistics.
RPCI may gather and analyze information regarding usage of our mobile application or website, including geo-location, domain name, the number of hits, the pages visited, previous/subsequent sites visited and length of user session. This information may be gathered by using a cookie. A cookie is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our web page server. You can choose whether or not to use a cookie by altering the settings of your browser. A cookie will make the use of RPCI’s website faster and easier.
If you opt not to provide us with your personal information, no material consequences will result. However, you will be unable to use our services, and may not be able to participate in certain promotions, receive product information or buy products offered through our mobile application or website or offices.
Contact Our Privacy Officer
If you wish to have previously submitted information deleted from our web-based marketing databases, access your personal information or have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us via phone at 1-844-4REMITR or by mail to Remitware Payments Canada Inc., (email@example.com).
This Privacy Notice is intended to inform our clients, our clients’ directors, authorized signatories and/or ultimate beneficial owners of our data collection, retention and disclosure policy.
RPCI reserves the right to modify sections of this Privacy Notice at any time. Please check this Privacy Notice from time to time for any changes.
This Privacy Notice does not extend to third party sites that may be linked to our website.