End User – Terms and Conditions
By registering for the Services, you must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this document
- Administrative Fee: Additional charges levied on the transaction by Remitr apart from prescribed fee.
- Beneficiary or Receiver Recipient of monies in the destination country.
- Business Day means a day on which banks in are open for business in supported geographies.
- Cut off Timing means time on any business day by which the monies sent by the sender should be received in the specified bank account of Remitr / Partner on the day of transaction.
- Day means calendar days.
- Designated Bank Account: Specified Bank account of the Remitr / Partner, where the Sender has to credit the amount to be remitted / transferred.
- Destination Country: Country where the beneficiary is to receive payout.
- Fee Charges as defined on the Remitr Platform for every remittance transaction.
- Force Majeure means events or causes including, but not limited to, the following: an act of God, peril of the sea, unavoidable accident of navigation, war (whether declared or not), sabotage, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, national emergency (whether in fact or law), martial law, fire, flood, cyclone, earthquake, landslide, explosion, power or water shortage, failure of a transmission or communication network, epidemic, quarantine, strike or other labour difficulty or expropriation, restriction, prohibition, law, regulation, decree or other legally enforceable order of a government agency, breakage or accident, change of International laws & regulation or any damage of Remitr’s machinery or systems, unless occurring as a result of an act, omission, default or negligence of you or Remitr.
- Partner Refers to licensed partner Exchange House (EH) or Money Service Business (MSB) or Banks, who would help collect the funds from Sender and would transfer the funds to the destination country. In destination countries where Remitr has relationships with the distributing bank or third party payments service provider, the term Partner may be used in a suitable context to refer to such bank or service provider.
- Payment Information Advice: Advice Generated at the end of successfully providing the transaction information. This Advice contains transaction details along with details of Remitr /Partner Bank’s account where the monies have to be provided by the sender to enable the partner to initiate the required transfer.
- Policy or Policies means any Policy or any Arrangement between that you entered into with Remitr on the Remitr website(s) or on Platform, in connection with your use of the Services.
- Remitr we, us or our means Remitware Payments Inc. USA registered head office at 2600 El Camino Real, Suite 415
Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA and includes its successors and any person to whom it has assigned it rights under this Arrangement Technology Service Provider, and have developed a platform, for exclusive use by us for our customers or by our partner licensed EH or MSB and Banks.
i. Remitr may also facilitate in completing the KYC for their clients.
ii. The platform facilitate in receiving instructions pertaining to domestic & International Money Transfer.
- Remitr website(s) means any URL, such as Remitr.com or Remitr.ae, Remitr.ca, Remitr.hk, Remitr.us, Remitr.fr, Remitr.de owned and operated by Remitr that we use to provide the Services to you.
- Sending country is the country from which the money transfer is being initiated
- Services means all payment services and related products available through the Remitr Platform.
- Supported Country may be treated as same as destination country.
- Transaction, Order for Payment, means an instruction validly made by you through the Platform to Remitr for initiation of a Money Transfer Transaction either by Remitr inself or through the licensed Partner of Remitr.
- User, sender you and any other person or entity entering into Arrangement with us of using the Service.
- Verified means that you have completed our verification process in order to help establish your identity with Remitr.
2. Where As
- By registering for the Services, you must read, agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this Arrangement.
- This Arrangement is provided to you and concluded in English and you undertake full responsibility to understand and interpret it in this language.
- You agree that any use by you of the Services shall constitute your acceptance of the Arrangement and we recommend that you store or print a copy of the Arrangement (including all policies) for your records.
- Please read this Arrangement carefully and make sure that you understand it fully before using the Services.
- Remitr may offer its services through a bouquet of Partner(s) in the origin and/or destination country (commonly known as marketplace) for making domestic payments as well as cross border payments.
- To undertake such transfer, Remiter may us you any of its Partner /s available on the platform to effect such payments.
- Remitr will make all effort the transfer as per choice of partner of Sender, however under certain unforeseen transaction such transfers may have to be effected from another partner. Remitr would be at complete liberty to do complete the transaction with another Partner should the situation so demand, while safeguarding your interests to its best ability.
- Please note that if you do not accept this Arrangement, you should not use the Services.
3. Protecting your privacy is very important to Remitr.
- Remitr Platform can be downloaded from Apple App Store and Android Play Store.
- Your personal & financial information are stored on Remitr servers in encrypted form.
- We do not disclose your account details, postal or email addresses to anyone except when legally required to do so with our Partner effecting the Transfer/ payment or with any other intermediary transacting entity or a regulatory authority.
- Sensitive information between the Remitr Platform and server is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and bank grade security.
- When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser of your mobile can validate the Remitr certificate.
4. Remittance facility
- Subject to the relevant regulatory Approvals, terms and conditions imposed while granting the necessary approvals and other terms of this Facility, this Facility (Remitr Platform), on it being made available, enables you to send money from a bank account in sending country to a bank account in the destination country, in the process converting the currency from that of the sending country to the destination country. Remitr is a technology platform for a facility, which enables remitting funds between two countries. In geographies where Remitr is licenced entity, the fund transfer would be responsibility of Remitr and in geographies where Remitr works with licensed partners Fund transfer for the facility is offered by it’s Exchange house, Money services business and banking partners in association with Remitr. Remitr only provides the technology platform for recording remittance requests, order tracking and communication.
- Partner is responsible for acting on the remittance requests, collecting money in currency of the sending country, converting it into the currency of the destination country and remitting it to the beneficiary in destination country as instructed by the remitter of funds i.e. you. The foreign exchange conversion rate shown for the calculation on the Remitr Platform is subject to clear funds being received in the designated account within the given cut-off time. The Partner will be responsible for the currency conversion, and will apply the foreign exchange conversion rates prevailing on the day of conversion, or other rates as per its discretion.
- You should pay the foreign currency as per the instructions stated on the Remitr Platform by Bank transfer or such other acceptable mode. Additional charges may apply should you choose to pay by debit card or credit card. The Partner will remit funds to the destination country only after the funds transferred by you are received the confirmation of funds being received in the designated account. Thereafter deducting the appropriate charges/fees, the money will be transmitted to the bank account in the destination country.
5. Creation of Account
- You may download the Platform and provide registration information for creation of your account with Remitr to use the services
- Remitr reserve the right to refuse creation of your account or cancelling a previously registered account without assigning any reason.
- You will have to mandatorily register a Beneficiary on the Platform before any transaction is initiated on the system.
- Remitr reserves the right to conduct required verifications checks and reserve the right to reject a beneficiary creation without assigning any reason.
- While Remitr would endeavour to verify the details provided to by immediately however such verification may take upto 2 working days.
- You understand that may not be able to initiate transaction without your account being successfully verified by Remitr.
6. Duplicate accounts.
- You may not create duplicate accounts of yourself, and Remitr may refuse & Reserve the right to refuse creating duplicate accounts for the same user due to security and client identification requirements.
- In a case where duplicate accounts are detected, Remitr reserves the right to deactivate / close or merge these duplicate accounts without notification and/or cancel all the said accounts should it find the activities are in breach of its policy.
- To be eligible for our Services, you must be at least 18 years old.
- You further represent and warrant to us that
- you are an individual and you are not acting on behalf of an undisclosed principal or a third party beneficiary.
- The Beneficairy created by you also is an individual and is not acting on behalf of an undisclosed principal or a third party
- Transaction of personal nature would only be effected through the service.
- Before being able to use the Service Remitr has to perform mandatory customer verification.
- Remitr would mandatorily ask for photographic evidence of your identity which be specified government ID & your Photograph.
- Remitr reserves the right to ask for additional verification information from you like – copy of your passport, Valid Visa etc.
- It is possible to provide this evidence through a number of methods including fax and email.
- Remitr reserves the right to access various government and private databases so as to verify your information (so called electronic ID)
- Remitr reserves the right to refuse to accept any new user or any transaction at its discretion.
8. Using the Service
- You as may be allowed to use the services only after successful registration on the Remitr Platform.
- You may initiate a transaction or Order for Payment to a selected registered beneficiary in the supported country by either of the two ways:
- Fixed Payout in Destination Country.
- Where you require Remitr to transfer a fixed amount of foreign currency to the Beneficiary.
- Remitr will make all efforts to ensure to provide fixed amount in the destination country however some destination Bank may levy charges on credit to the account, which may not be in complete control of Remitr or its Partner EH or MSB orBank.Fixed Payment from Initiating Country .
- Fixed Payment from Initiating Country .
- Fixed Payout in Destination Country.
9. Exchange Rates
- Remitr works in partnership with licensed EH or MSB and Banks
- Rates displayed on the Remitr Platform are based on the exchange rates provided by such partners from time to time and are market prevalent rates
- Remitr may rely on aggregated third party information sources and we do not guarantee that the rates match any particular benchmark source at any given time.
- Rates offered on the Remitr Platform and/or website(s) are rates on which the transfer would be effected by the partner EH or MSB to the destination country.
- Provided the transfer amount in local currency is received from the sender’s account within the cut off time in the designated bank account.
- In case the monies are received after the cut off timing in the designated bank account, Remitr would apply current market prevalent rate to effect the transfer
- Such change in the rate would be intimated to you by phone/ email/Platform notification
- A concurrence of the same would be sought from your before effecting an change in the transaction.
- In-case if concurrence is not received from you, the transaction would continue to be on hold status until such confirmation is received, any exchange loss or bank charges incurred due to holding and/or return of monies for such transaction would be your responsibility.
10. Bank Transfers
- All local currency payments to be initiated by you from the your personal account only, details of which has been provided by you on the Platform
- Remitr receives the right refuse acceptance of a transaction in case if monies are transferred for any other account
- Transfer from one account is permitted for a transactions.
- All local currency Payment Transfers to be made in favour of Remitr or Licensed EH or MSB or Bank Account, maintained in respective geography. Details of this account would be provided in the Payment Information Advice provided after successful completion of transaction information by you on the Platform.
- Remitr along with the partner EH or MSB would track the payments received and your promptly intimate you upon receipt of credit in the designated account.
- You may be liable for an additional administration / bank charge if the account numbers or the Beneficiary name you have provided are incorrect.
- In case your / beneficiaries bank charges you for receiving of payments you shall be liable for paying these.
11. Refused Transactions
- Remitr may refuse the payment order, if we cannot match the user’s name and address as provided to Remitr to your bank account or credit/debit card details.
- In such case you may be liable for an administration / bank charge, which would be adjusted from your transaction amount for final refund is made.
12. Cancellation of Transactions
- You may cancel your transaction for a full refund at any time before the transaction amount is converted in accordance with your instructions.
- In such case you may be liable for an administration / bank charge, which would be adjusted from your transaction amount for final refund is made.
- Remitr charges a fee on every payment, this would be as per the prevailing guidelines.
- Fee Charged per transaction would be as displayed at the time transaction is initiated and in the Payment Information Advice Generated after successfully the payment information is provided on the Platform.
14. Administration Charges
- Administration charges may incur when our settlement banks or the receiving bank refuse your transaction due to incorrect payment details, their regulatory requirements or any other reason.
- Any administrative charges from the settlement banks or the receiving banks will be deducted from your payment amount.
- In addition, Remitr may also Platformly admin charges to such transactions before refunding the residual amount.
15. Transaction History
- You can access your details of executed payment transactions and other information relating to your Account on your mobile by assessing the Remitr Platform.
- The Transaction History also provides you with option to download receipts of transactions executed earlier.
- Transaction History would specify partner being used for desired transfer.
16. General Terms
- Once payment instructions have been executed by Remitr, transactions cannot be reversed and Remitr will not be liable in any way for any loss you suffer as a result of a transaction being carried out in accordance with your instructions.
- In the unlikely event that you notice an error in either the payment sent or received as a result of using the Services, then you should immediately notify us at support@Remitr.commailto:support@Remitr.com
- If you become aware that your beneficiary has received a payment over and above what was expected, you must immediately notify us of this so that arrangements can be made for you to immediately return any overpayment.
- You agree not to use the Services for any unlawful activity.
- Remitr reserves the right to investigate any suspicious activity or in response to any complaints or reported violations.
- When investigating any such activity, Remitr through its partners reserves the right to report suspected unlawful activity to any appropriate person or body and to provide them with any relevant information, including personal data.
- You acknowledge and agree that Remitr is a Technology Service provider the actual transfer is be being undertaking by a licensed Exchange House or MSB or a Bank in respective geography as per the local regulations.
- By using our Services, you agree to be bound by any Arrangements established between Remitr and its partner EH or MSB / Banks. This is in addition to the Terms and Conditions set out in this Arrangement.
- By accepting and agreeing to the terms and conditions you expressly acknowledge that Remitr acts as agent of the partner and that Remitr shall have no liability for the actions or omissions of the third party partner.
- By accepting this Arrangement, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically either by email or by providing notices to you directly on your phone through
- SMS or
- Through any other messaging platform or
- Through email or
- Posting notices on the Remitr website.
18. Force Majeure
- If we are unable to perform our obligations under this Arrangement because of factors beyond our control, including a change of law, an event of Force Majeure, withdrawal of a currency or the imposition of sanctions over a country or beneficiary, we will notify you as soon as is reasonably practicable.
- Remitr will use reasonable endeavours to secure the return of any money paid by you in respect of which we have been unable to discharge our obligations under this Arrangement.
- We will not have any liability to you where we are unable to perform our obligations.
19. Entire Arrangement
- This Arrangement and any document expressly referred to in it constitutes the whole Arrangement between us and supersedes any previous discussions, correspondence, arrangements or understandings between us.
20. Law And Jurisdiction
- The provision of the Service and any dispute or claim arising out of the provision of the Service is governed by US Laws.
- Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Service will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of US.